This page lists field trips in various geographical categories, so you can find trips that are near each other. The list is updated whenever a new trip is added to the website.
A primer on the UTM geographic coordinate system used on this website is here.
Lower Mainland of British Columbia:
- Aldergrove: the Aldergrove erratic
- Coquitlam: the Shasta Court erratic
- The humongous September 2010 Capricorn debris flow here and here.
- Harling Point (Oak Bay) erratics and migmatite bedrock
- Westsong Way and glacial grooves at Songhees Point, Victoria.
- Dallas Road waterfront trail, Victoria- rocks on the margin of accreted terranes.
Bellingham, Chuckanut, and Whatcom/Skagit County Lowlands and foothills:
- Rock Trail, Larrabee State Park. Sandstone walls, strata, tafoni, rock fall boulders.
- Fragrance Lake Trail, Larrabee State Park; quartzite clasts in Vashon till.
- Erratics in or near Bellingham- Donovan, Arroyo…
- The H St Road erratic, Blaine.
- Point Whitehorn
- Ferndale erratics
- Squires Lake and Alger Alp geology hiking guide
- Raptor Ridge Chuckanut Mountains
- Clayton Beach tuff (volcanic ash) stroll in Larrabee State Park
- Honeycomb weathering (Larrabee State Park, Chuckanut Drive)
- Oyster Dome and Bat Caves hike via Pacific Northwest Trail (Blanchard Mountain)
- Chuckanut syncline (downtown Bellingham)
- Mount Baker Theater Rock (Chuckanut, downtown Bellingham)
- Teddy Bear Cove (Chuckanut conglomerate, Chuckanut Bay)
- Silver Creek hike (near Lake Samish)
- Saar Creek erratic (Sumas area)
- Chuckanut Drive landslides
- The Swift Creek landslide (Sumas Mountain)
- Stilpnomelane and chert on Blanchard Mountain (northwest Skagit County)
- Pholiated phyllite in South Fork Nooksack
- Samish Hills striated sandstone slab (Bellingham)
- Bald Mountain/Big Rock greenstone east of Mount Vernon
- West Beach, Lummi Island
- Gold Mine Trail, Sumas Mountain
- Burlington Hill, (Burlington). Helena-Haystack greenschist and phyllite
San Juan Islands
- Pillow lava on San Juan, Lopez, and Cypress Islands
- Iceberg Point rocky shore hike, southwest tip of Lopez Island.
- Serpentinite mantle rock at Washington Park, Anacortes.
- Mount Erie and the ocean crust near Anacortes
Mount Baker Highway, Nooksack River
- Racehorse Creek Landslide hike (near Kendall) and fossil fields
- Wells Creek volcanics (near Nooksack Falls)
- Church Mountain Landslide (Glacier)
- Pinus Lake andesite lava hike/bike (near Nooksack Falls)
- Chilliwack erratics hike (Table Mountain)
- Cougar Divide hike (above Nooksack Falls)
Middle Fork Nooksack River
- Roadside pillow lava of the Elbow Lake Formation (west of Clearwater Creek)
Skagit River Valley & Highway 20
- Mazama ash in landslide dammed Lake Ksnea
- The pollywog agmatite, Highway 20
- Limestone quarry above Concrete, Skagit County
Baker River valley
- Big Rock erratic, Coupeville
- Blowers Bluff beach walk on Penn Cove
- Double Bluff and Useless Bay beach walk in Langley area
- Waterman Erratic, (hike near Langley)
- Marrowstone Island: Vashon drift, a dike, coastal erosion, and concretions at Nodule and Lip Lip Points
- Oddball adakite lava at Tamanowas Rock, Chimacum
- White Rock erratic, Hood Head
- Beach 4, north of Kalaloch: unconformities and turbidites
- Pillow lava along the Heart O’ The Hills Road, Olympic National Park.
- Beach erratics at Discovery Park (Seattle)
- Wedgwood Erratic (Seattle)
- Leschi Park erratic (Seattle)
- Duvall’s ‘Big Rock’ (Duvall)
- Ravenna Park granodiorite erratic (Seattle)
- Edmonds Way breccia erratic (Edmonds)
- Fantastic Erratic Cougar Mountain Regional Park (Issaquah)
- Martha Lake erratic (Lynnwood area)
- Lake Stevens erratic (LARGEST IN THE US?)
- True granite erratic (Lake Stevens)
- Des Moines Beach Park erratic (Des Moines
- Thin en echelon dikes in the Highline Community College erratic (Des Moines)